Frequently Asked Questions
What is your minimum order quantity (MOQ)?
What is your turnaround / lead-time?
Turnaround time varies based on style detailing and total quantity. In general we take 10 to 15 days for sampling and 4 to 6 weeks for production. But it is only a rough standard estimate. Usually orders take that long to complete because we go through all the details with the clients during the process, and get their print approvals, stitching approvals and wait time is added because of lack of communication maintained or incomplete tech pack submitted that increases confusions. The duration of order receiving also depends on the quantity and process complexity of the order.
Sometime, turnaround is dependent on the current workload, so if you have a deadline in mind or need an order completed sooner than our standard schedule allows please notify us at the time of ordering and we will try our hardest to accommodate.
Can you please share your price list? What is the cost of X type of garment?
How much you charge for sampling? Can't you do FREE sampling?
Can you do just one piece of sampling before I place a bulk order?
Yes! We do sampling based on your technical drawing / tech pack, or rough drawing or reference sample image. Samples are produced in the exact same way as all the garments will eventually be produced on large-scale production.
We take a reasonable deposit to ensure that you are serious with the ordering of the same garment. This deposit will be waived off at the time of production if you place order with minimum 100 pcs in same style.
What if we do not like the sample you made?
This rarely happens that you do not like anything produced by ICF. However “do not like” usually have three reasons –
- A. You have received a sample where you find that any of your instruction is not followed such as - measurement, stitching quality, printing / embroidery / smocking detailing, washing effect, improper sequence and beads worketc
- B. You liked the sample but you are not happy with the out come of your concept and you created / dreamed of in design and henceforth you want new sample. You may wish to remove something from original design brief or add something keeping original design in place as you think that way your garment will be more saleable or attractive.
If your "do not like" is pertaining to reason "A" then, we will request you to share your detail comment specifying what exactly you did not like and we will make all new sample FREE of cost incorporating your comment(s).
If there is a case of reason "B", then we will consider it as new sample and for the same we may require sampling charges again.
Do you take approval on sample from us before starting bulk production?
Can I bring my own fabric to Cut and Sew Apparel for embroidery, screen printing, or other services?
Do you send pre-production sample prior to apparel production?
When does the clock start for my order turnaround time?
How can I make sure my order is not delayed?
Delaying the manufacturing process increases our cost. Hence we are always more than happy to finish the production in giventime frame. Despite all efforts, there are few reasons, which make it delays such as –
- The measurement or design brief received from client is technically incorrect or not proper. Sometime we catch it right at the beginning but at times it is found at the time of quality control stage while we are about to ship the stuff. Hence it is always advisable for clients to ensure you give enough clarity and correct input details. At factory level, we take our measures to check making rough sample for our internal quality purpose.
- The style is not production friendly. There are some styles in which despite the basic measurement we receive from client, we ensure the right fitment of garment on the body. But due to the nature of some fabric or some detailing on the style we do not get right fitment. This at times takes little extra time in sewing or finishing. We avoid rushing the team to ensure quality output is not suffering.
- If your style requires hand works like sequence and bead works, hand embroidery, hand smocking etc. In such cases again, we need to keep balance between the speed of human work and identical quality. Hence always requested to give some breathing time to ensure quality delivery.
- Sometime client takes unexpected time on approval of pre-production samples which case the delay delivery of production as at ICF we do not step ahead unless and until client is satisfied and approves on asked stage.
Eventually, garment-manufacturing work is a multi-skill multi-step procedure where one stage affects others. Hence it is always advisable to keep 1 week at least in hand and remain in responsive mode.
At ICF, we firmly believe that our customers should be aware of how their garment is being made, so we also give our customer a detailed update of production on request. In case any delays, we inform you about as in the process of garment manufacturingat times things goes beyond control. To meet the expectation level of customers, we give the liberty to our team to ensure proper quality check.
What if I want to do some correction after I have already placed an order?
What if I want to cancel my order?
What is your payment terms?
- We take 100% advance deposit for sampling orders that you can pay through PayPal or Wire Transfer (Bank to Bank) or TransferWiseetc.
- We take 70% advance with production order. The balance of your order is required before we release your finished products to you.
We do not begin production on an order until 50% deposit or a full payment has been completed. Under any circumstances, we do not release finished goods without receiving the full payment.
What mode of payment will you accept?
We accept payments from PayPal, Western Union, Bank to Bank Transfers, Remitly, TransferWise etc. The respective transaction charges will be born by the client.
Considering the transaction charges, we recommend as follows –
- Amount value USD 1000 or below – PayPal
- Amount value USD 1000 or above – Bank to Bank Transfer (T/T)
Can you give me an estimate of shipping cost?
The cost of shipment always depends on quantity and the destination. Quantity is required to figure out the consignment weight. Hence, if you are ready with these two piece of information, we can give you an estimated shipping cost.
However, please note that due to change in the rate of fuel surcharge the shipping cost keep varying time to time. Hence it is always not possible to give you exact shipping cost way prior to the time of shipment. In fact, this is the reason we quote excluding shipping cost (FOB Price). This helps us to be more transparent.
We have dedicated team for all shipping works, which offers hassle-free logistic solution for your consignment including documentation, custom clearance, and doorstep delivery.
DHL, FedEx and UPS are our primary carriers for shipping and delivery. However, we might also use different courier services, which seem best for the delivery location.
What should I do if there is an error or issue with my order?
How do you prefer to be contacted?
Your convenience is our preference! However, emails remain our primary mode of communication because it is more reasonable because of several reasons. The most important reason that we prefer e-mail is because there is much less room for error. Phone calls are verbal and there is no record of the written contents of a phone call only that a phone call occurred. With e-mail, both you and our team have the full access to review the conversation. This is advantageous to both parties – both ICF and you will benefit from written records which can be refered in future communication as well. We're also available through Phone, FaceTime, Skype, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. But these all are secondary mode of communication.
Does ICF share my design with anyone else?
What all information you require to begin the project / order?
Do you have any garment quality policy?
Yes, we are proud to introduce our policy of 100% quality guarantee for all we manufacture for our clients. Our 100% quality guarantee policy essentially includes:
- No hole in any fabric/garment
- No loose threads
- No stitching errors
- 100% preshrunk
- No stains on garments
- No printing mistakes
- Depending upon fabric 1-1.5 cm tolerance
- Quality packing
- Color fastening
- Seam Slippage
Do you have any refund policy?
For private label garments we provide our customers with strict quality-controlled goods without exemption according to GCF (Good Clothing Factory) quality standard. Once the customized goods have been shipped, we do not accept any refunds or returns at all. So you can ask for pictures, video conference or you can visit our factory to check the orders quality.
You can make any changes on the garments as long as the order is with us, but once it is shipped, we can still make the changes but you will have to pay for the shipment and re-shipment of the garments.